The PEC Insight Interactive Voice Response (IVR) software is a technology that automates interaction with telephone callers. If you wish to manage your own equipment, PEC's Insight IVR offers an integrated hardware and software package for purchase.
- PEC's Insight IVR is built on a software platform that has been developed over the last 30 years. The product has been proven around the world to be flexible, robust, and reliable. It is a powerful tool that allows almost any voice application to be created.
- Insight IVR can reduce cost of common sales, service, inquiry, collection and support calls to and from the company. It works 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- All PEC Insight IVR Systems are built on reliable carrier-grade servers that can be scalable to thousands of ports and configured to your requirements.
- With PEC's IVR application generator module, system users can dynamically create call flows based on their own requirements. Insight IVR solution enables users to retrieve information including product details, bank balances, flight schedules, order status, movie show times, doctors appointments, hotel reservations and much more.
- Data can also be extracted from a database, text file or external application and played over the phone using Text to Speech Functionality or the call flow direction can be set based on the data values.
- IVR Integration with Central Office - The Insight IVR system works in conjunction with Central Office Switches (Telephone Company), PBX switches, or VoIP Gateways (SWITCH). When a caller calls a subscriber number, the SWITCH routes the call to the Insight IVR system.
PEC Telecom offers a variety of configurations and options that will suit your business needs. Your account manager will help you select the precise IVR option for your needs (Purchase or Hosted) and the ideal number of ports required for the successful running of your business.
Contact PEC Telecom today for more information on the most suitable IVR system for your company's needs.
The following is just a small list of features that PEC's Insight IVR has to offer:
- Web Based Reporting
- Generate Hourly, Daily, Monthly or Yearly Graphs on Calls with one click.
- Extremely User Friendly Interface.
- Generate Summary Reports / Invoices to send to Customers.
- View Detailed Summaries & Invoices for Each DID.
- Set the Date/Time Format you wish to display based on the country.
- Unlimited Number of Call Flows
- Insight IVR allows you to create an unlimited number of call flows.
- IVR Scripts can be triggered based on the Access Number(DID) or Mailbox Number Dialed.
- Even if your system has only 24 lines, you can still have thousands of IVR applications.
- Text to Speech
- Text to Speech is an extremely simple feature to use.
- Simply type any text into a field and Insight IVR will speak the text to the caller.
- Eliminates the need to record prompts.
- Allows for quick, on-the-fly changes to a script.
- High-quality, Professional Sounding Voice.
- Speech Recognition
- Insight IVR's Speech Recognition feature makes customer interaction with your system quick, convenient, and simple.
- Insight's Speech Recognition module recognizes words, names, spoken letters, and numbers.
- Callers can spell names, order products, enter account numbers and zip codes, all without entering a single touch tone on their phone.
- Touch Tone Detection
- The most common method through which Insight IVR communicates with a customers is through Touch Tone. Customers can choose from a list of selections, enter account numbers, enter their security code, etc, all through the numeric keypad on their phones.
- Insight IVR allows you to specify the number of digits to expect and the maximum amount of time to wait in between digits to make the call flow as seamless as possible.
- Database Interaction
- Many IVR applications require database interactivity. Insight IVR provides interaction with multiple databases such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, dBase, FoxPro, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Informix, Text Files and many others. It is also ODBC compliant.
- Insight IVR can perform all the standard database actions such as Reading, Writing, and Querying.
- Voice Messaging
- Insight IVR provides voice messaging capabilities whereby callers can access the IVR system, leave messages, retrieve messages, and review messages.
- Each message is individually dated and time stamped and kept in the order they were received.
- There is no limit to how long a message can be, and as soon as the message is left, it is available for your IVR application to access.
- Call Transferring
- Insight IVR allows you to transfer callers dynamically to other telephone lines. Callers can be transferred with a blind transfer (unconditionally) or with a supervised transfer (monitor the call status before transferring).
- Insight IVR also supports call patching, whereby multiple callers can be connected together into the same conversation.
- Voice To Email
- Insight IVR can take a voice message and deliver it to any specified email address.
- This feature allows subscribers to listen to messages on their computers and then archive the messages appropriately on their own computer.
- Since the message is sent via standard email, the email can be opened from any Internet terminal in the world which gives subscribers mobility and flexibility.
- Fax To Email
- Insight IVR can receive and send faxes. When Insight receives a fax, it can deliver it to any specified email address.
- This feature allows subscribers to view their faxes on their computers and then archive the faxes appropriately on their own computer.
- Since the fax is sent via standard email, your subscribers can take their virtual fax machine with them anywhere in the world.
- IVR can be used to send emails dynamically, with or without attachment files. For example, if your IVR application is designed to take orders for Auto Parts, the Email feature of Insight can automatically email the order information to the manufacturer so that they can drop ship the item to that customer.
- Outdial Capability
- Insight IVR allows you to dynamically call out to customers & clients.
- Based on the status of the call, whether it be busy, no answer, connect, answering machine, fax machine, or operator intercept, Insight allows you to choose what action to perform.
- Read/Write Text File
- Insight IVR allows you to read and write to both text and CSV files. This Read feature allows you to dynamically read any information from a text file into your application. This feature is often used for data that is constantly changing.
- The Write feature is usually used to keep a call log or an event log of caller activity.
- Launch Program
- Insight IVR allows you to run another program or call the dispatch function of a DLL file from within IVR. This feature can be used in several practical ways including running Notepad, virus scan, disk defragmenter, disk backup, file compression (ZIP) or any other program.
VoIP SIP / H323
VoIP - SIP & H323 Support - This is more and more becoming common around the world to suppport the Internet Protocol for handling calls. Insight IVR can send and receive calls via VoIP. PEC can also provide numbers worldwide & Toll Free Number for your Insight IVR.
E&M Type I signaling uses two leads, E and M, which share a common ground path. This signaling type is commonly used with electromechanical switching systems. Most electronic systems do not use it due to the noise induced by the common ground path.
The Type II interface is designed for use with electronic switching systems. It uses four wires, a pair for the E lead and a pair for the M lead. The signaling system is fully looped with the CU and SE having independent batteries and grounds. The SE controls the E lead and the CU controls the M lead.
The E&M Type V interface is widely used outside North America. It can be used in SSDC5A type circuits on the IDNX. This interface is an unbalanced version of E&M Type IV signaling from the trunk circuit to the signaling facility is over the M lead; signaling in the reverse direction is over the E lead. Local ground is used for off-hook instead of the ground obtained from the SB or SG lead. This makes this interface a two-wire type.
Integrated services digital network (ISDN), is an international communications standard for sending voice, video, and data over digital telephone lines or normal telephone wires. ISDN supports data transfer rates of 64 Kbps (64,000 bits per second).
Each protocol is parameterized, giving developers the ability to adapt the protocol to multiple target environments worldwide. The MFC-R2 protocol states and events are identical for all countries, but certain parameters, such as tone duration, vary.
Application Generator - Fast Build Kit
Insight IVR allows you to easily design and customize interactive telephone applications using a simple drag and drop interface.
Start out with a call flow sketch on paper and within minutes you can build a fully functional application that your clients can call into. This Insight "Fast Build Kit" is designed to help you meet deadlines. The Insight Web Based Drag and Drop development facilities provide full featured icons which can be moved and connected to a free form call flow. Do you want to play a file? Get a record from a database? Call out to a customer? No problem!
The Computer Telephony Server Extensible Markup Language (XML) protocol allows an external applications program to communicate with the Insight IVR Server through TCP/IP using the XML format. The external program may instruct the Insight IVR Server to perform Administrative, call control and switching, voice processing, and other functions.
For example, the external program could connect to the Insight IVR Server and instruct it to dial a phone number and play a message file to the called party.