Insight IVR XML
The PEC Insight Interactive Voice Response (IVR) software is a technology that automates interaction with telephone callers. Insight IVR XML is designed for environments with a distributed architecture. Insight IVR XML allows outside applications to control the call flow, inbound or outbound of the IVR platform. With simple XML messages, any application can be extended to provide IVR functionality. If you wish to manage your own equipment, PEC's Insight IVR XML offers an integrated hardware and software package for purchase.
- PEC's Insight IVR XML is built on a software platform that has been developed over the last 25 years. The product has been proven around the world to be flexible, robust, and reliable. It is a powerful tool that allows almost any voice application to be created.
- Insight IVR XML can reduce cost of common sales, service, inquiry, collection and support calls to and from the company. It works 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- All PEC Insight IVR XML Systems are built on reliable carrier-grade servers that can be scalable to thousands of ports and configured to your requirements.
- The Computer Telephony Server Extensible Markup Language (XML) protocol allows an external applications program to communicate with Computer Telephony Server through TCP/IP using the XML format. The external program may instruct Computer Telephony Server to perform Administrative, call control and switching, voice processing, and other functions.
- Insight IVR XML allows the application developer to develop in any programming language they are comfortable with, and provide IVR functionality.
- IVR Integration with Central Office - The Insight IVR XML system works in conjunction with Central Office Switches (Telephone Company), PBX switches, or VoIP Gateways (SWITCH). When a caller calls a subscriber number, the SWITCH routes the call to the Insight IVR system.
PEC Telecom offers a variety of configurations and options that will suit your business needs. Your account manager will help you select the precise IVR option for your needs (Purchase or Hosted) and the ideal number of ports required for the successful running of your business.
Contact PEC Telecom today for more information on the most suitable IVR system for your company's needs.
The following is just a small list of features that PEC's Insight IVR XML has to offer:
- Inbound Call Processing - Allows any inbound call to be controlled via a 3rd party application.
- Play Voice Files - Play static or dynamic voice prompts.
- Record Voice Files - Record voice recordings.
- Receive DTMF Digits - Receive DTMF responses from callers.
- Send DTMF Digits - Send DTMF digits outbound via the phone lines.
- Transfer calls - Ability to transfer calls internally or to an outside number.
- Simple Outbound Calling - Ability to send an outbound call and play a file and hang up.
- Advanced Outbound Calling - Ability to send an outbound call and have complete control of the flow of interaction with the outbound called party.
- 2 Way Call Recording - Record conversation between 2 parties.
- Call Barge In - Operator Barge in on existing live conversation.
- Call Conferencing - Conference multiple parties into one conference group.
- Call Coaching - Coach one party of a conversation while the other party cannot hear what the coach is saying.
- Call Monitoring - Listed to a conversation without either party hearing the monitor.
- Call Mute - Ability to mute one or more parties of a conversation.
- Call Hold - Ability to put one of the parties on hold.
VoIP SIP / H323
VoIP - SIP & H323 Support - This is more and more becoming common around the world to suppport the Internet Protocol for handling calls. Insight IVR can send and receive calls via VoIP. PEC can also provide numbers worldwide & Toll Free Number for your Insight IVR.
E&M Type I signaling uses two leads, E and M, which share a common ground path. This signaling type is commonly used with electromechanical switching systems. Most electronic systems do not use it due to the noise induced by the common ground path.
The Type II interface is designed for use with electronic switching systems. It uses four wires, a pair for the E lead and a pair for the M lead. The signaling system is fully looped with the CU and SE having independent batteries and grounds. The SE controls the E lead and the CU controls the M lead.
The E&M Type V interface is widely used outside North America. It can be used in SSDC5A type circuits on the IDNX. This interface is an unbalanced version of E&M Type IV signaling from the trunk circuit to the signaling facility is over the M lead; signaling in the reverse direction is over the E lead. Local ground is used for off-hook instead of the ground obtained from the SB or SG lead. This makes this interface a two-wire type.
Integrated services digital network (ISDN), is an international communications standard for sending voice, video, and data over digital telephone lines or normal telephone wires. ISDN supports data transfer rates of 64 Kbps (64,000 bits per second).
Each protocol is parameterized, giving developers the ability to adapt the protocol to multiple target environments worldwide. The MFC-R2 protocol states and events are identical for all countries, but certain parameters, such as tone duration, vary.
Call Handling Engine - Network Topology
The diagram below depicts Insight's typical network topography. The IVR system is connected to a telephone network through which it can send and receive calls. Since Insight now supports direct VoIP connectivity, your system can also be stationed anywhere with an Internet connection. For example, a call originating from India can terminate directly via IP to an IVR Server in the United States.
Advanced IVR Development
Insight IVR XML allows you to easily design and customize advanced interactive telephone applications using a simple TCP/IP XML Messaging.
With simple XML Messages sent to the Insight IVR XML Platform, any application can deploy advanced IVR functionality to its own service/product. In addition, applications can leverage the power of both the Insight IVR XML functionality as well as the built in Insight IVR Application Generator.
<DIAL MSGID="781234A6" DNIS="3014568812" ANI="8005551212" LIVEMESSAGE="MEETING.VOX", ANSMESSAGE="CALL.VOX", MODE="SUPERVISED">
Dialout Response after completion of Call
<RESPONSE MSGID="781234A5" STATUS="SUCCESS">
Play Voice File Example:
<INFO MSGID="786123" TRUNK_PORT="15" FILE1="C:\PROMPTS\HELLO.VOX" MODE="INTERRUPTABLE">
Play Voice File Response Example:
<RESPONSE MSGID="786123" TRUNK_PORT="15" STATUS="SUCCESS">